Virtual Family Office
The family office became quite popular in the late 1990s early 2000’s. We were at Morgan Stanley when this new area became very popular with many of our high-tech clients. Would like to think we had a front row seat as it was growing as a cottage industry.
Due to regulatory limitations broker dealers such as Morgan Stanley, UBS, Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs etc. were unable to fulfill all the sub categories of a family office.
Chapwood Investments family office services is the most efficient way to bring together all the services needed that complement each other in our checks and balances to a client. Instead of bringing everything in the house and charging a tremendous amount of money, we have set up a pre-screened team of experts that are independent of each other.
What is a Family Office?
- A family office is an organization that supports the overall financial needs and objectives of a family. It centers around the growth and preservation of a family’s overall wealth.
- A family office focuses on asset protection, financial education, family philanthropy, and many other specific needs of a given family. A family office can also ensure and meet the privacy and the confidentiality requirement of high profile families. A family office assists in the reaffirmation of the family’s overall legacy and the mission of the family’s wealth.
- A family office also provides an array of services, including investment management services, tax and estate planning, the management of foundations and trusts, lifestyle management needs and the coordination of other advisors in the best interest of the family.
Chapwood will provide these customized services to effectively manage your overall financial landscape on a complimentary basis.
Family Office Overview
Family Office Organizational Chart
Family Office Services
Traditional family office services
- Investment Policy Statement
- Overall asset allocation and diversification strategies
- Tax planning and tax return preparation
- Trust & Estate planning / Insurance counseling
- Customized and consolidated reporting
- Property management
Lifestyle management and concierge services
- Aircraft leasing and travel planning
- Concierge services
- Personal security services
- Philanthropy consulting and management
- Family governance counseling
- Control and succession counseling
- Advice regarding major purchases of personal property
- Supplemental health care services
- New family office development
- Executive searches